Price: $895 Per Person
Time: 4 Hours
Max Capacity: 2 People
For entrepreneurs ready to roast their own coffee for their business.
The ProSeries Roasting Class is a highly-focused, hands-on class designed to provide clients with the skills and framework to independently roast, evaluate, and dial-in coffees profiles from scratch at a professional level.
We take a learn-by-doing approach, introduce and explore different methods and theories with the goal of empowering each client to confidently setup their own coffee roasting operation.
Clients who successfully complete the class also benefit from Shared Roasting’s long-term approach to client partnership and access to a range of ongoing advisory services, which are not normally covered during the 4-Hour class, with the understanding that different topics become more relevant as each client’s business evolves and new challenges/opportunities arise such as: efficient roast production planning, inventory management, roasting supplies procurement, quality control strategies, cupping new coffees, brewing/ barista training, etc
After students book the class, our instructors will reach out to discuss each client’s unique goals and ways to further customize the 1-on-1 experience to be as impactful as possible.
The basic curriculum for theProseries Roasting Class is as follows:
1) Roasting theory (framework for developing coffee profiles, understanding roast curves)
2) How to effectively use data to improve every roast (What is most important to track, how to analyze it, and most importantly, how to apply the analysis to improve flavor and consistency)
3) Hands-on: Live roasting on the 500G Sample Roaster (Take the driver's seat to apply the theories and concepts)
4) Hands-on: Coffee cupping, quality control, developing a framework for evaluating and methodically exploring coffees
5) Hands-on: Coffee blending (How to take a synergistic approach to blending coffees)
*All class materials are supplied by Shared Roasting, unless students have specific requests for the class.
General availability: Thursday, Friday, Saturday mornings